One of the interesting things that you can find here is a few columns that have developed over the years.
- This series by Jason Kahn helps to bring you inspiration and writing prompts he encounters through his day job. If you’re looking to break a block, one of his articles may do it for you.
- Science for Fiction (S4F)
- Science for Fiction or S4F is a column by David Siegel Bernstein where he talks about various aspects of real science which you could incorporate into your writing. Having a firm grounding in actual science can make any pseudo-science that you include much more believable. You also might actually learn something.
If you have an idea for a potential featured column we’d love to hear about it.
- Overlooked Authors
- This series features the thoughts of Lyn McConchie, highlighting some authors whom you may have missed at the bookstore or library, but who just might be worth seeking out.
- Writing Poetry
- This series of articles/essays by Jim Fowler provides insight and guidance for the aspiring or veteran poet. Reading through the column you’ll come to a better understanding of the art of poetry, and perhaps find the tools you need to take it up yourself.