Books for Review
Abandoned Towers Book Review Policy
Abandoned Towers is happy to review your published or soon to be published novel, anthology, collection, book, graphic novel, comic, audio book or other discrete piece of writing which is available or soon will be available for sale to the public.
To have your Work reviewed by Abandoned Towers, we require:
- At least one print or electronic copy of the Work (note: the review will indicate which version was reviewed). In the event that the first copy is non-transferable for some reason, an additional copy (print or electronic) is required for a secondary reviewer.
- At least one copy of the Work which can be provided to our readership (to be awarded via contest or draw). This can be a review copy from (1) so long as it is transferable.
- If multiple print copies are supplied for review AND any of them need to be returned, you will need to include appropriate return postage.
- If Abandoned Towers is provided with an Advanced Retail Copy (ARC) or other pre-release copy, it is the responsibility of the author, agent, publisher or designate to provide an appropriate Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and to clearly state any blackout period in which a review cannot be posted. Failure to provide such information releases Abandoned Towers to review and immediately publish said review.
- By requesting that Abandoned Towers review the Work, you release Abandoned Towers, its reviewers, volunteers, staff, affiliates and their heirs from any libel associated with the review.
In addition to the above Abandoned Towers expects that:
- You will provide information about where and how copies of the Work can be purchased by our readers, preferably multiple vendors.
- You will provide information on how our readers can acquire autographed, personalized copies of the Work, or at least bookplates.
What you can Expect
Abandoned Towers does not guarantee that reviews will be positive, as that clearly undermines the integrity of the review process. However, we aim to be fair in our reviews and will not be critical or sensational only for entertainment purposes. To aid with the fairness and to decrease the subjectivity of Abandoned Towers Reviews, each Work will be reviewed by at least two reviewers.
In the unlikely event that we find the Work completely without merit, we will inform you of such and return the copies of the work provided without posting a review.
Anatomy of a Review
Reviews performed by Abandoned Towers staff and volunteers consist of the following elements:
- Cover Photo of the Work (if provided)
- Author Photo (if provided)
- Information about the Work:
- Official Title,
- Credited Author name,
- Publisher name,
- Page count,
- ISBN, ISSN or equivalent (if provided)
- Genre (if provided)
- Links to (if provided)
- Author’s website,
- Author’s twitter account,
- Author’s Facebook account/page,
- Recommended vendors to purchase the work from
- The Review itself:
- Brief summary of the Work,
- Two staff/volunteer reviews of the Work
- Recommendations for what Genre the Work falls under in the opinion of the reviewers
- Two ratings on the Abandoned Towers scaling ladder by the different reviewers
Requesting a Review
You are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we are interested in reviewing your current work. Please do not include the actual Work in the query, and do not send us unsolicited print versions for review.
Abandoned Towers is interested in promoting you as an Author as well as your Work, and doing cross-promotional activities which are mutually beneficial. As such Authors may be asked if they are interested in participating in some or all of the following:
- Author interviews (to be posted on Abandoned Towers)
- Guest posts to the Abandoned Towers blog
- Promotional Giveaways
- Twitter chats, or other chat or Q&A sessions with our readers
- Other promotional activities on Abandoned Towers
We very much appreciate your support and contributions in this area. Contact us for more information.